THE FOUR CHILDREN AND THE ORACLE
40. On his way down the mountain, he was stopped by four children sitting
on a rock who told him,
41. “Traveler from a strange land, we must be like a child who carries
42. and implore the protection of the Primordial Child.
43. We will then feel secure, enjoying the bliss of being nurtured and
cuddled by the Mother.
44. Indeed when the children are comforted, the whole universe feels
45. Only safe in the mother’s love will children be able to sleep like
a baby in a cradle.
46. You shall be at home behind that beautiful curtain of glass beads
in the peaceful house of the mother;
47. Don’t you know? She always rejoices when the child plays in happiness.”
48. “Now,” said the children, “come with us, we will take you to the
mouth of the oracle.” Baereli very much wanted to be reassured and he
loved cuddles. So he followed the four children.
49. He heard the oracle speaking of the secret hand of benediction.
50. “Indeed, it is a hand that can see all and everyone; those who are
sincere, no matter the mistakes they commit, should not be afraid to be